Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Early Years Outcome (EYO)
I work using the Early Years Foundation Stage and Early Years Outcome. The government aims to ensure that all children receive the same provision from birth – 5, whether they attend a childminder, a nursery, pre-school or a play group.
The Early Years Foundation Stage unifies Birth to Three Matters and the Foundation stage. It combines best early years practice and provides a more cohesive approach to child development, care and learning.
The four Themes in the EYFS are:
- A Unique Child
- Positive Relationship
- Enabling Environments
- Learning Development. There are seven areas of learning which chart a child’s development from Birth – 5 years old. The learning objectives for the adult led activities are taken from the development stages within each of the seven areas, so your child’s development is charted through each area.
Early Years Outcome (EYO)
A non-statutory guide for practitioners and inspectors to help inform understanding of child development through the early years.
1) Personal, social and emotional development
Self-confidence and Self-awareness
Managing feelings and Behaviour
2) Communication and language
Listening and Attention
Shapes, space and measures
4) Understanding of the world
People and Communities
5) Physical development
Moving and Handling
Health and self-care
Using equipment and materials
6) Expressive Art and Design
Exploring & using media and materials
Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information.
The following link is also recommended :
Early Years Foundation Stage Framework